Flood Update 2013
Our hearts go out to the families that have been impacted by the flooding.
• Schools will be open on Wednesday, June 26 and Thursday, June 27 with the exception of:
- Elm Street School - closed for remainder of week. Once the mandatory evacuation order has been lifted, families can pick up student belongings at the school during regular hours on Wednesday, June 26, Thursday, June 27 and Friday, June 28.
Alternate Programs – McMan REAL/Stay in School/Alternate High – will be closed for remainder of week. Students may choose to write scheduled high school diploma exams on Wednesday, June 26 and Thursday, June 27 at Medicine Hat High School (if you live in the South) or Crescent Heights High School (if you live in the North).
• Students have the option of writing their regular scheduled diploma exams on Tuesday, June 25, Wednesday, June 26 and Thursday, June 27. If students choose to write the Diploma exams, they will receive the blended mark (exam and school awarded marks). If students choose not to write their diploma exams, the school awarded mark will count for 100% of their final grade.
• Writing of diploma exams is also available in August at Crescent Heights High School. Please contact our Summer School Office after June 26 at 403-527-6641 ext. 8599 for further information. See August Diploma Examinations Schedule http://nf.sd76.ab.ca/docs/library/Diploma Exam Schedule.pdf
• Students taking ADLC courses online are encouraged to check the ADLC website at www.adlc.ca
• Grades 10, 11 and 12 students have the option of writing non-diploma exams that were scheduled for the entire week on Wednesday, June 26 and Thursday, June 27 at either 9:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. If students choose not to write their non-diploma exams, the school awarded mark will count for 100% of their final grade.
• All Grade 9 Provincial Achievement Tests are cancelled. Students will receive their school awarded mark.
• There will be no final exams for students in Kindergarten to Grade 9.
• Preparation of reports cards may be delayed at some schools and in some cases may need to be mailed out.
• Textbooks may be returned to the appropriate school on Wednesday, June 26 or Thursday, June 27.
• If your regular school bus route is not available, you may access an alternate bus or parents may drive their child to school. Alternate bus routes will be available on websites, www.totemtransportation.com or www.sd76.ab.ca or call 403-528-6572.